Responsive LightBox WordPress plugin offers a nice and elegant way to add LightBox functionality for any type of content such as images, image galleries, AJAX, iFrame, Flash, Youtube or Vimeo videos, another website, inline content, HTML etc.
It is built with WordPress best practices and guidelines. It has easy to use standard admin interface with more than 15 custom options to configure general and LightBox settings easily.
It is also integrated with automatic updates which allows you to update the plugin through the WordPress dashboard without downloading them manually.
|Compatible with:||WordPress 5.0 and later|
Features of this plugin:
- Fully responsive and HiDPI compatible.
- Compatible with both classic and new Gutenberg editors
- Touch enabled and mobile friendly.
- Option to add LightBox functionality automatically to your images, gallery, videos etc.
- 7 built in CSS powered effects (Fade, Slide, Fall etc.).
- Show image captions automatically and select different data type. (Title, Description, Alt text, Caption)
- Display any type of content such as single images, image galleries, youtube videos, Vimeo videos, iframe, Google Maps, external web pages, custom forms, inline contents etc.
- Easy to use standard admin interface with more than 15 options.
- 2 built in themes and simple templating system add your own theme easily.
- Translation ready.
- Multisite support.
- Search engine optimised.
- Light weight. (Smaller file size which load faster.).
- Support all browsers: Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari etc.
- Compatible with any theme.
- Developed in best practices of CSS3 and HTML5.
- Easy to customise through settings and custom option to override styles, if necessary without editing the css files.
- Change default colors with color pickers.
- Integrated with automatic updates.
Top Reasons to Buy
- Full installation document and user guide.
- Customer support. (24 x 7)
- A one-time payment only
- Free lifetime updates and support
- 100% money back guarantee.
short admin panel overview, video does not contain any sound
- 1.2.3 New: Added option to allow full screen for Vimeo and Youtube videos.
- 1.2.2 Fix: Caption not working with Gutenberg Gallery
- 1.2.1 Fix: Kadence Block gallery caption not showing
- 1.2.0 New: Kadence Block gallery compatible
- 1.1.9 Tested and compatible with WordPress 5.6
- 1.1.8 UI: Improvements
- 1.1.7 Fix: Minor bug.
- 1.1.6 New: Gutenberg Gallery compatible
- Fix: Swipe issue
- 1.1.5 Fix: custom event not saving
- 1.1.4 Fix:  operator not supported for strings PHP 7
- 1.1.3 Fix: Mixed Content error when using Lightbox over https
- 1.1.2 Fix: Mixed Content error when using Lightbox over https
- 1.1.1 Fix: Minor bug.
- 1.1.0 New: An option has been added to play videos (YouTube and Vimeo) automatically.
- 1.0.9 New: AutoPlay YouTube and Vimeo videos. Fix: Selecting Text issue when TouchSwipe enabled.
- 1.0.8 Fix: Multiple photo galleries issue.
- 1.0.7 New: Input fields have been enabled on colour pickers.
- 1.0.6 New: Added simple fade-in effect for the previous/next images.
- 1.0.5 Fixed: The issue of not showing captions on multiple single images has been fixed.
- 1.0.4 Fixed a minor bug.
- 1.0.3 New: Drop down has been added to select data type. (Title, Alt, Description, Caption). Fixed: The issue of not showing captions on single images has been fixed.
- 1.0.2 New: Drop down has been added to select data type. (Title, Alt, Description, Caption). Fixed: The issue of not showing captions on single images has been fixed.
- 1.0.1 Fix: Added nonexistent effect to remove transitions.
- 1.0.0. Initial release.
I found most lightbox plugins to complex and like how easy and light this one is. But most importantly, I needed a lightbox plugin just for iFrames – not the whole picture/video handling. This plugin is super ease – just a rel attribute in the calling link anchor- and it’s fully responsive – even on small iPhone screen.
walter (verified owner) –
this is a great lightbox plugin (go PRO!! )
The support by the creator is fast and excellent.
Ronel (verified owner) –
Great plugin, easy to use and with fast and friendly support.
Liz (verified owner) –
I tried a few lighbox plugins with little success and this one worked really well, paid for the Pro version which was well worth it. The support with the plugin has also been very fast and excellent.
robert lodi (verified owner) –
Great plugin – it does everything I need – works great with inline html and videos. And support, when needed, has been excellent. Well worth the money!
bassel abbara (verified owner) –
awesome plugin, and perfect support. the support was very helpful and very fast. thanks guys!!
Bente (verified owner) –
Excellent plugin. I have tried many lightbox plugins and this one is easy to work with and fast.
Support is very quick and solved all my issues.
Matt Newman (verified owner) –
Awesome plugin. It is exactly what I needed.
Kathryn Michaud (verified owner) –
Excellent plugin – really helpful customer support – thank you! The only lightbox plugin that I’ve found that works responsively with no problems!
Peter Morgan (verified owner) –
Very clean plugin with good support.
My only small issue I noticed is that captions that run over two lines on the pop up overlap on Ipads. This can be fixed with a bit of css – eg:
Dominik Fuchshofer –
Arlen Nagata (verified owner) –
Great plugin. Easy to install and use. Responsive support when I needed some help getting the plugin to work on iOS. We’ve made a beautiful popup for our website at http://sacredjourney.tv/prada-hippie-packing-list-india/
Olivier Gisiger (verified owner) –
I had an slight integration issue and got a very quick and responsive support. Great job!
Chris W. –
Pretty, lightweight and *excellent* support. When we reported that all of our videos were redirecting the browser to youtube.com instead of displaying them in a lightbox, the developer quickly pointed out that Slimstat was the cause. Turns out that Slimstat has a “No Callback” option (just enter “lightbox” in this field). Once we made this change, Responsive Lightbox was back in action. Thanks for the quick support, on a Sunday no less!
Ju Underwood (verified owner) –
I bought this plugin specifically so that I could make individual images on my blog pop up. I followed the video instructions & found it very easy to install. Due to my lack of skill with WordPress I had a little bit of trouble getting the pop up function to work on my individual images but got in touch with the developer who went to great lengths to solve the problem for me. Excellent customer service! I’m excited about trying out the other functions on the plugin. It looks very easy to use, which is ideal for me.
Jeffrey Tovar (verified owner) –
This plugin came in handy when the theme i was using gave me trouble with simple lightbox features. Responsive LIghtbox Pro is great for images and anything else you need to display!
nadia (verified owner) –
super easy going plugin, great and fast support, if in need. i can totally recommend it!
Bente M van der Made (verified owner) –
I used to love this plugin and the developer was very fast in replying and fixing. However, the Nivo script that this plugin is using has been abandoned and does not work correctly anymore on newer mobile devices.
I reached out to the developer but have not received an update so I had to find a new solution.
For my sites I’m now using TopBox, which is a followup on Nivo Lightbox. https://willwoodgate.com/projects/topbox/
I coded everything manually, so unfortunately not a plugin.
If Weaveappas ever decides to redo this Lightbox plugin with Topbox or another script that works weel i’ll be happy to go back to using it, but for right now I have to warn people to stay away from thsis plugin.
Hi Bente, The issue on mobile devices fixed on the latest version of plugin. Thank you.
Bente van der Made (verified owner) –
Updated review: it took a bit, but the developer finally fixed the issue and there are updated versions for both the free and the premium plugin.
I’m recommending this plugin again. 🙂
Thierry Jaspart (verified owner) –
Great plugin and great support!
Karola Niedrig –
Funktioniert prima und simpel seit Jahren auf unserer Homepage http://www.niedrig.de. Toller und direkter Kontakt zur Entwicklerin, falls nach einem WP-Update doch mal was hakt, nur 1x in den letzten 5 Jahren vorgekommen 🙂
Eine klare Empfehlung